Saturday, December 11, 2010

How's Your Health?

Looking back over 2010, I can see a road that was very narrow, and at times, hard to travel. But here I am at the end of this year, and I survived. God is GOOD! I am so glad to know that I serve a Faithful, Merciful, & Loving God. I faced many trials throughout this past year. Some were physical, some were spiritual, & some were just LIFE itself. While in the midst of each trial, it's hard to see one's way but you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and stepping out by faith. Sometimes when the going got so rough I just had to stand still & wait to see the Salvation of the Lord. Other times, I know He picked me up and carried me through the storm, for I just couldn't take another step on my own. I've been awake since 2:40 a.m. My mind has been racing out of control. Have you ever been angry with God? I have! Yeah - ME!!! Things happen & you don't understand why? You question Him. You ask Him why He allows things to happen? Why He allows people INTO your life if they are not going to be allowed to stay? Why He takes people from you? Why your world is falling apart? etc. & etc. I went through this these past 2 years. My marriage fell apart, I watched as my son & Amalia were devastated & broken hearted at the loss of two Pregnancies. It ripped my heart out. All I could do was ask God WHY? You see your children hurting & you can do nothing to help them. I know I can pray for them, I did, yet my life was such a turmoil within itself. I did the best I could. I watched my daughter go through her struggles but I can't fight her battles for her. Then the biggest battle of all hits me. This one is personal. A battle I must face & fight on my own. The outcome is up to me. It seems that ever since I climbed the tree and began to wrap myself within the cocoon I have almost had the life squeezed out of me. I do remember asking God to wrapped me tight - so tight in fact that nothing can separate me from Him. I do believe now that He is squeezing everything thing out of me that is NOT like HIM! Until that happens I will not be able to come forth from this cocoon. I have had some health issues, so my Neurologist sent me for several test, AGAIN! The past 8 weeks I have been taking 50,000 units of vitamin D. My 1st blood test revealed that I only had .8 vitamin D in my system. That is barely on the chart. It is now up to 24 which is still low. My vitamin B's are all low so my neurologist is pumping me full of that as well. The 1st test showed b-12 was 121. It is now 383. She wants it to reach 800. As most of you know, I suffer chronic migraines. After much testing I have been put on a strict diet because most of the food I have been eating triggers MIGRAINES. Now the blood work has revealed this vitamin deficiency which also is a major cause for migraines. Doc feels that once they get my vitamins up to par, and get my diet where it needs to be then my migraines will be cut in half. She said I will always have migraines but we just might be able to control the number of migraines I have to deal with. As I was laying here this morning & thinking about all of this, I thought that this physical well being is just like our spiritual well being. When the body doesn't eat properly or get the right vitamins, it doesn't function correctly. It begins to break down. Your mind doesn't work right. When your vitamin b-12 is 400 & below you start having memory loss. You become forgetful. You head out from point A to do something at point B & by the time you get to point B you've already forgotten what it is you're there for. Proper diet, vitamins, exercise, & sunshine is vital for a healthy body & mind. I remember Rev. John McDonald from Eureka CA saying several times, "You need to get 15 minutes of sun everyday. It gives you vitamin D & drives away Depression! So if you're depressed get out & get some sun." When we are not healthy we can not fight off sickness. Our immune system is weak and resistance is low. We need to take care of our bodies. The same goes for our spiritual body. When it doesn't eat properly (the WORD of GOD) it becomes malnourished. If we don't partake of His word on a DAILY BASIS, we start to lose important vitamins in our spiritual diet. We then, become weak and can not fight off the things that attack & try to attach themselves to us. We don't think properly. When trouble & trials come our way, we can not think clearly or reason rationally. We become disillusioned & disoriented. We become critical & questioning His will. We start doubting & our faith becomes low. Next thing we know, we find ourselves on a path that we don't belong. All because we have neglected to properly feed and nourish our spiritual bodies. We need to daily feast on the Word of God and make sure we are getting the proper vitamins that our spirit needs. Vitamin B's that are so vital to our Spiritual walk. Vitamin B-1 = Praise & Worship to our God. Vitamin B-2 = Faithfulness to the House of God even when we don't feel like it, for that is where we will draw our strength. Vitamin B-6 = The fruit of the Spirit (these are a MUST HAVE) = love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, & temperance, Vitamin B-12 = PRAYER! & Vitamin D = Get plenty of SON DAILY = JESUS. Like Bro. McDonald said - "If you're depressed get some Son. Try Jesus He Never Fails! Are you lacking any of these Vitamins! We need to go to prayer on a regular basis and have a spiritual blood panel done to make sure we are where we need to be. If we find we are low in any area, then we can get a vitamin boost of the Holy Ghost to get us back to where we need to be. I have been told by my Neurologist & others that the Vitamin B's are natural diuretics, one must make sure they take plenty of liquids daily. My advice to you is make sure you drink from the Fountain of Living Waters Daily to go along with ALL of your Vitamin B's. We need to take care of our Spiritual bodies. Through all of our heartaches & sorrows, troubles & trials, our family is estactic & so very thankful that God has blessed us with Hailey Renee! We are so Happy for you Mark & Amalia! God is Good! You know, when I step back and look at it all now, yeah it's been rough, and it hurt, and sometimes it still hurts. But you know, I can see things more clearly now. I understand! I Truly Understand! Your ways are far above my ways. You know what's best LORD & that's all that Hailey Renee - My Princess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene! It's been a long time since I've visited your blog or even since I had posted. I'm sorry about your trials and tribulations. We live in a fallen world, and as Jesus said, in the world we would have tribulation but to be of good cheer (comfort) because He had overcome the world. When I'm overwhelmed with troubles, I think of the scripure that say, 2Cr 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding [and] eternal weight of glory." The next verse is good too..2Cr 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen [are] temporal; but the things which are not seen [are] eternal. Thank God our hope is not in this life only. Love you and am praying for you. Karen

PS: Another scripture that helps me is 1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

Jolene Harris said...

Hello Karen, Good to hear from you! I too, have been away from Blogsville for quite awhile. I guess it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure that out, considering the time frame between my last two posts.

Thank you for the scriptures you gave me. Excellent reminders of where we need to keep our focus, and that is on HIM & not on our troubles & trials that are only a temperal situation. Like you said, we become overwhelmed. I believe that ONLY happens when we take our eyes off of Him. I am just thankful that He NEVER takes His eyes off of me.

I just want to say here, that yes, I may have been angry, but NEVER did I hate God. My love for Him never subsided. It's like when you get angry with your children, but you never stop loving them. God IS the BEST thing that ever happened to me. How could I ever stop loving Him? No, just because things didn't go MY WAY, and I got angry is no reason for me to turn and walk away. I love Him to much to turn back now. HE IS MY STRENGTH! HE IS MY SALVATION! HE IS MY WAY MAKER! HE IS MY EVERYTHING!