Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Inbox, Save, Trash, Spam

As I was checking my email in my inbox, I started marking mail as save, trash and spam/junk.  The save mail is mail that is of value to me.  It holds content that is useful. This is mail that I will return to and use again, often.  The mail that has been tossed into the trash is mail that is no longer needed. I have already read it, and taken care of said content. The spam/junk mail is just that. Stuff that is unnecessary garbage that just gets in the way and clutters up my mailbox.   It is of no value to me at all.  As a matter-of-fact, some of that junk mail can be very damaging and is better off left alone.  It needs to be discarded ASAP!

As I was marking my e-mail and sending each to their perspective places, that Still Small Voice spoke to me and said; "This is how you need to organize the thoughts that enter your mind."  I instantly stopped what I was doing and my mind went to several scriptures. The first one being Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."  These thoughts are what goes into my SAVE file. They are thoughts that I will return to again and again and often.  They are of great value and very useful to me.

When thoughts enter my mind, I need to check and make sure they are like the thoughts found in Philippians 4:8.  Colossians 3:2 says,  "Set your minds on things above not on things that are on the earth."  (ESV)  We need to be careful what thoughts we heed to.  Romans 12:2 reads, "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."  I need to have the mind of Christ.  Philippians 2:5

If we have thoughts that are not like the thoughts in Philippians 4:8 bombarding our minds, it's time to send them to the spam/junk box. These thoughts are of no value to us. They are just junk mail and  unnecessary thoughts clouding our perspective. They can even be harmful to us. We need to discard them ASAP.  Ephesians 4:27 says, "and do not give the devil an opportunity to work."  2 Corinthians 10:5 reads, "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."  We must put on the helmet of salvation like it tells us to in Ephesians 6:17. For it is what protects our minds from the fiery darts of the devil. If I am wearing my helmet of salvation and have Christ living within me, then no junk mail, no thoughts, "No weapon formed against me shall prosper."  Isaiah 54:17   Proverbs 23:7 says "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he."  I must resist the devil and his junk mail and he will flee.  James 4:7  If I want my mind to stay focused and clutter free, then I need to organize all the thoughts of my mind just as I do my e-mail.




1 comment:

Judy Hall said...

Jolene, I do so enjoy rrading your blog...it so speaks to my heart. I strive evey day to be what the Lord wants me to be and yet sometimes I fail miserably but I thank God for grace and forgiveness. I can start again with renewed resolve to try again. It's perfection we are striving for.