Thursday, April 30, 2015

WHATS IN YOUR STOREHOUSE?

Proverbs 23: 4-5 "Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich. Be wise enough to know when to quit. In the blink of an eye wealth disappears, for it will sprout wings and fly away like an eagle.   (NLT)

When I ran across this scripture, it reminded me of the parable of the rich fool in Luke 12: 16-21;  "...A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. He said to himself, 'What should I do?  I don't have enough room for all my crops.'  Then he said, 'I Know! I'll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I'll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. And I'll sit back and say to myself, "My friend you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy!  Eat, drink, and be merry!"'  But God said to him, 'You fool!  You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?'  Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a relationship with God."  (NLT)

There is nothing wrong with working hard to have nice things and to provide comfortably for your family. Matter of fact the bible says in 1Timothy 5:8; "But if any man provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel "  (KJV)

Where the wrong comes in is when our possessions begin to posses us, our time and our energy.  Think about it!  What is your driving force?  Your treasure?  Tearing down barns to make bigger barns to store your wheat and other goods or are you laying up your treasures in heaven?  Are you striving to have that relationship with God?  Matthew 6:19-21 says;  "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."   (KJV)  Question......Where does your heart lie?

Isaiah 33:6 "And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is his treasure."  (KJV)  What's in your storehouse?  Where is your storehouse located?  Heaven or earth?  What kind of treasures are you storing away?  Oh Sweet Jesus!  Wisdom and knowledge is my stability, and strength of salvation: the fear of the LORD is my treasure!  I must never lose this. I must always take inventory of what is in my storehouse.  I must make sure that I am storing up the correct treasures that cannot be destroyed by moth nor rust, and where thieves cannot break through and steal.

Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."   (KJV). When I put Him first and foremost in my life, all my needs WILL be met.  He will help me through every situation that comes my way, financially, physically, mentally, and spiritually, whatever the need may be. I do not need to wear my self out trying to get rich in order to supply my needs or wants. Not when I know the Way-Maker, the Provider, the Peace Speaker, the Healer, Jesus, my Friend, my Lord and God, my Savior.

Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich. Be wise enough to know when to quit.  Don't store up earthly wealth but rather seek after a relationship with God.

No comments: