Saturday, March 22, 2008

Going Up Yonder


"All you have to do is know where you're going. The answers will come to you of their own accord." —Earl Nightingale

If anybody ask you
Where I'm going
Where I'm going soon

I’m going up yonder
I’m going up yonder
Going up yonder
To be with my Lord.

"Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

Oh I can take the pain,
The heartaches that life brings,
The comforts in knowing,
I’ll soon be gone.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalms 46:1

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust." Psalms 91:1-2

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him." Psalms 91:14-15

God gives me grace
To run this race,
‘Til I see my Savior,
I see him face to face.

"And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:27-28

I’m going up yonder
I’m going up yonder
I’m going up yonder
To be with my Lord.

I’m going up yonder
I’m going up yonder
I’m going up yonder
To be with my Lord

I know where I'm going and I know where my answers come from. Furthermore, I know I can make it for I know who holds my hand and who guides my steps on the path that I must walk for "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalms 119:105.

6 comments:

Just a thought said...

JOLENE:
Because of my passed I find it very difficult to really respond to your thoughts. I will try latter.

Yes, today is/was the one of the darkest days to those who later stood without fear of death. The One that they had put so much hope, faith, desire and three years of their lives into was in the grave.

But you see the third day was just a FEW short hours away.
You are in our prayers;

Mervi

Jolene Harris said...

Mervi, When I read this quote I thought "HOW TRUE!" As long as I know where I am headed, Heaven, and I stay faithful to HIM, I don't need to worry about a thing. When life throws it's curves, troubles, frustrations, storms and trials my way, I know that God will ALWAYS, and I do mean ALWAYS send me an answer to EVERY situation.

This past week has really been almost unbearable with the migraines. The key word here is ALMOST. For God will never put more upon us than what we can bear. I am still here and kicking. God will see me through Bro Merv, of that I have no doubt.

I do truly appreciate your continued prayers. God bless you and yours and you have a wonderful Easter Sunday rejoicing in the celebration of the resurrecion of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Carol Connell said...

Jolene,

I so admire you for keeping your focus on Jesus and our final destination in Him, even though I know you're going through a lot right now. I know that God is able to be everything that you need right now, and I am continuing to lift you up in prayer and believe God for great things for you. May you and your family have a blessed Easter.

Love,
Carol

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Carol, God touched me at the Ladies Conference. I had not had a migraine until this past week. It has been wonderful. Then this past Friday, BAM! A migraine from hell. It has been with me ever since. But this too shall pass. God has touched me before and He'll do it again. I felt as though the devil was doing everything in his power to keep me from going to Youth Convention but I attended every service, migraine and all. I refused to be cheated out of a blessing. :) What powerful messages did we ever hear. I may still be suffering with this migraine but I am also feasting on the wonderful word of God that I heard. So IN YOUR FACE DEVIL!!!

Thank you for your prayers and may you and your family have a blessed Easter as well.

love you!
jolene

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Go ahead and dare to believe! God touched, healed you! He'll do it again! I am bidding my faith with yours.

Jolene Harris said...

Catherine, I do believe! God has been faithful to me. He is my healer and I KNOW He'll do it again.