Thursday, October 9, 2008

Prayer Request

Please pray for Kayla Pack who is only 21 years old. If you don't know her situation she is engaged to Jared Doran who is the son of Don and Melinda Doran of Arkansas. Kayla collapsed on Sunday morning and quit breathing. It was because of blood clots in her lungs. She stopped breathing three times and this caused a lack of oxygen to the brain which has caused brain damage. The doctors told the family that there is no upper brain activity. The lower brain is what makes us do things we don't have to think about, like the heart beat and breathing. The upper brain is what makes us who we are. The Doctor's told Kayla's parents they need to get ready to make a decision in the next few days. The doctors have declared Kayla brain dead. They are going to be removing her from the machine here in the next few hours. Please pray for God to intervene on behalf of Kayla Pack, her family and fiancee', Jared Doran. The Doctors aren't giving them a lot of hope for her recovery but we are all believing God for a miracle.

5 comments:

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Oh how tragic this is Jolene. My eyes filled with tears and I prayed for this lovely girl and those close to her.
In the mean time I found out that my daughter-in-law has an accident. Don't know the details, but only that Crystal wen to pick up Samuel at school at 3:30PM. He usually gets home on the bus at 1:30.

Journey to Lilly! said...

I have visited your blog several times..but I just had to comment this time. We will be praying for this precious girl & her family. We never know what life holds but thankfully we serve a faithful God.
Kim Pintaro
www.pintaroadoption.blogspot.com

Jolene Harris said...

Catherine, thank you for your prayes. They are needed and greatly appreciated. I am praying for your daughter-in-law. Please keep me posted.

Jolene Harris said...

Kim, Thank you for stopping by. Your prayers for Kayla and her family are coveted. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know that you will be praying for them. It is times like this that the family of God is so cherished beyond measure. God Bless you and yours, Jolene.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

I am at work, Crystal called me late afternoon. I do not have any details, but everyone is home, the van in the driveway... Thank God.
Thank you for praying.