Thursday, April 25, 2013

You Say God/Church Is Just A Crutch?



Someone told me that God/Church is just a crutch for the weak. Yes, I agree. I am weak but Thou Art Strong! At times, when life hits me hard, I lean on God and the prayers of the church to help get me through. That is where I find my strength. When you break your leg, you use crutches or sometimes a wheelchair don't you? Well, when life throws things at me and breaks me, I use my crutches too. God and the prayers of the Church are my crutches! I lean on God when I am broken for He heals the broken hearted.  When I feel I can't take another step, I lean on Him and He helps me to walk on.  He gives me the strength that I need to carry on.  He is my strength when I am weak.  But He is not only my crutch, at times, God becomes my wheelchair. When the storms of life knock me off my feet and cripple me to the point that I don't even have enough strength to stand, that's when I need a wheelchair.  God then swoops down and lifts me into His arms and carries me until I'm strong enough to stand again.  He holds me close and lets me know that everything will be OK.  He has it all under control.  I rest in His arms until I am strong enough to stand again.  When I am strong enough to stand and walk again, He walks with me and talks with me.  He NEVER leaves me alone.  


God is more than a crutch and a wheelchair to me.  He is my Bright and Morning Star. He is the Lily of my Valley, My Shelter in the time of storm, the Joy of my soul, the Song that I sing, the Breath that I breathe.  He is the wind beneath my wings. He is Joy unspeakable and full Glory, the Hope of my Life, the Peace Speaker. He is the Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. He is the ROCK that I run to. Rock of Ages, cleft for me, Oh let me hide myself in thee! He is a SURE Foundation. A Prayer Answering God! He Is the Lover of my soul. He's my Everything, My Friend that is ALWAYS there when I need Him. He has NEVER failed me or forsaken me. He is FAITHFUL!  He is GOD And I know Him by name.....JESUS!!!

God is just a crutch, you say? I guess you're right and I'm leaning on His Everlasting arms!

No comments: