Monday, September 29, 2014

MOVED WITH COMPASSION




When preparing for yesterday's Sunday School lesson, I noticed that before Jesus fed the 5,000 with 2 fish & 5 loaves, he had just received the news that John the Baptist, his cousin, had just been beheaded. He was sorrowful in heart and had left by boat to an out of the way place to be alone to deal with his agony and pain. I can imagine how he was feeling at this time, to lose a loved one, a family member, and in such a horrific way. But someone noticed that Jesus was in the area and soon word spread and the crowds gathered. The bible says that when Jesus looked upon them he was moved with compassion. Even in the midst of all of his own heartache, pain, suffering and agony, Jesus put his own needs and hurts aside to meet the needs of those that were hurting and suffering around him. He began to reach out and work wonders and miracles in their lives that day. Oh to have compassion like Jesus. No matter how much I'm suffering, hurting, dealing with heartache and sorrow, God help me to be more like you. Help me to reach out to the brokenhearted, to those who are suffering, to those who need someone to care. After all, I'm suppose to be a Christian and Christian means Christ-Like. To be more like you, that's my desire.

No comments: