Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hold Fast To Your Dream

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly. (Lanston Hughes)

I looked up the word dream in the dictionary and the best definition for it was a fond hope.

"For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it." Romans 8:24-25 (NAS)

That same hope that delivered us from sin and gave us a new start in life will some day come and take us to a better place. So when things get rough and the way grows dim don't lose sight of what lays ahead.

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" Titus 3:16

While we are waiting for His returning there is still a work to do. We must reach out to a hurt, lost, and dying world. While doing so, we will face much opposition and many trials and tribulations. Don't let it get you down. "And let us not be weary in well-doing; for in due season we shall reap if we faint not" (Galatians 6:9).

When the way gets rough that is when we call upon the name of the Lord. Psalms 121:1 reads; "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help." When He comes to your rescue then you can say: "Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:" Acts 2:26

What is my dream, my hope? That one day soon I shall rise to meet Him in the air to live with Him forever more in a better place called Heaven. I will hold fast to my dream. I will not let it die. I must not become a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

He is our hope, our strength, and the wind beneath our wings. Remember, "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Hold fast to Him for He is our Hope - our Dream!

2 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Not only is the post great, but the picture is fabulous!

Jolene Harris said...

To me it looked as though the eagle was dreaming of soaring.