Monday, March 31, 2008

Good News

The Birdbath Waterfall

Well, the brain tumor is still there but it hasn't grown any at all. So that is good news. Both the neurologist and neurosurgeon feel that we have nothing to worry about at this time. They both were very impressed with the improvement of my speech, blood pressure and the fact that I am having less attacks from migraines. :D They said that they will repeat the MRI in one year. If that shows the tumor has not grown any at that time, then they will repeat the MRI five years after that. They said that this thing may just sit there for the rest of my life and never grow. I just smiled and said "That's alright with me, Praise God."

So God didn't remove the brain tumor. That's OK, He did staunch it's growth! Isn't our God an AWESOME GOD?

When I went to Ladies Convention I was having problems with my blood pressure being to high. I was also having migraines almost on a daily basis. On the last day of Ladies Convention I was praying at the altar and I felt the Lord come down and touch me in a mighty way. I felt a sister come up from behind me and lay her hand on the back of my neck and when she did I felt warmth run up and down my spine and into my skull. I did not have a migraine from that day forward until the week of Youth Convention. So that was about 3 weeks with no migraines. Hey, for me that was fantastic. On the Friday before Youth Convention was to begin it felt as though someone walked up behind me and slammed a baseball bat into the back of my head and I suffered with a migraine for 9 days straight. It was almost unbearable. I knew it was nothing but a trick of the devil doing his best to try and keep me from attending the services at Youth Convention just like he did when he attacked me with sickness during the time of Ladies Convention. But I purposed in my heart that I was going to attend every service come hell or high waters in spite of those migraines and I did. It was worth it too. What wonderful messages I heard!

You know, I have made up my mind that regardless of what comes my way, I will serve the Lord. He has been so good to me. Migraines or no migraines, brain tumor or no brain tumor, I will serve the Lord. God has everything under control in my life and I have nothing to worry about. I just need to "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5) He will see me through any situation that comes my way and I will never walk alone, for He holds my hand.

13 comments:

Rochelle said...

That is awesome news!! Praise the Lord!! Your attitude is so inspiring to me. Thank you for being a Godly example!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Praise the Lord!!!

Just a thought said...

I chose to believe the Lord's report!!

Mervi

Chandra said...

fYay!!!!!!!

Just a thought said...

Jolene:
I rejoice in the blessings of our Lord in teh life of a friend.

Mervi

Jana Allard said...

Jolene - well, I expected to hear good news and that's what I got. I don't care if that little tumor sits there forever as long as God clears the symptoms and sends you relief. I'm a believer that He is gonna take care of you.

Jolene Harris said...

Rochelle, yes it is awesome news and I am giving God ALL the praise. He has been sooooo good to me that I could never tell it all.

I love you and thank you for all of your prayers. By the way I was praying for your little girl when she was sick. I am so glad that she is doing better now.


Cahterine, Yes, PRAISE THE LORD!!!


Mervi, Brings to mind an old song;
Who's report do you believe?
I believe the report of the Lord!

It is great when we can rejoice in the blessings of our brothers and sisters in the Lord isn't it? Thank you and your wife so much for your love and prayers. May God richly bless you and yours until your cup is running over.


Chandra, I love you girl.


Sis Allard, I am with you on that. Who cares if that little critter is there forever? Just as long as it can never grow and cause me any hardships. Everyone once in awhile I reach up and touch that area and smile and say Thank you Jesus for yet ANOTHER Miracle in my life.

janet said...

Hi Jolene,

Praise God that the tumor had not grown! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences and your decision and purpose to press on!

Blessings,
Janet

Jolene Harris said...

Hey Janet, good to hear from you. Yes, Praise be to God for yet another miracle in my life. He is so good.

As for pressing on, I feel like Peter when the Lord asked the disciples in John 6:67 "Will ye also go away?" Peter replied, "Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." We must press on for there is no other way. Turning back is not the answer. Just keep pressing on and God will see us through.

Carol Connell said...

Hi Janet,

I'm so happy to hear this awesome report! Praise the Lord for His goodness!

Jolene Harris said...

Sis Connell, I know you meant Hi Jolene, Tee Hee Hee Hee, :D (Still suffering from Jet Lag I see)

Yes, it is an awesome report. The doctor said that by this time the tumor should have grown quite a bit in size. It has been 6 months since the last MRI. We know why it didn't. PRAYER and PRAYER WORKS!!! I serve a prayer answering God and I am praising Him for His goodness.

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! Glad to hear the good report.

Jolene Harris said...

Yes, Praise the Lord for He is worthy of Praise and Honor.