Sunday, April 6, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Common Branded Skipper dorsal Spring Mtns. NV 07-21-06


We are back in the apartment after the wonderful experience of fumigation and what a treat. :( Did you know that they set off tear gas to make sure that there is no one hiding in your place before starting the fumigation? Well, the effects of that tear gas lingers in your home for a few days and believe you me I have felt the results of that and so have others. That first night home my eyes burned so bad that I could hardly close them. The back of my throat was on fire and my skin even burned and itched. Other tenants also complained of the same thing. This has also triggered my asthma. Man oh man have I been bothered with that. I have had to open my windows to air out my house and therefore with the beautiful springtime allergies floating in the air, you got it, BAM!! Double whammy! I don't know which is worse, the tear gas or the springtime allergy triggers. As for the tear gas well, "weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning" (Psalm 30:5).

You see when it is all said and done and the dust finally settles, this place will look so much better. It may be chaos around here now but the end results will be worth it all. That's the way it is in our spiritual walk with God. Sometimes we have to tear down walls in our life. We have to remove things and fumigate to get things out of our life that ought not to be there and it is not a comfortable situation to be in. Everyone in the complex is talking about how they are taking advantage of doing their spring cleaning since they had to move out and back in. How they are getting rid of things that they don't need and never use. There have been a lot of things thrown in the trash around here. That is what we need to do in our spiritual life. We need to do some spring cleaning. Go through our inner being and clean out anything that is not like Him and get rid of it. If it can not be used for the glory of God we don't need it in our life. If it can not edify God get rid of it. Pull down the talents that you do have that have been sitting on the shelf collecting dust. It is time you use your talents for God. Wipe the dust off of them and put them to use for the Kingdom of God. (God has really been dealing with me in this area, so I am talking to myself here.)

Springtime is the season of new birth, so let's all join in and do some spring cleaning in our lives and give new birth to our walk with the Lord. Let's start afresh and go forward and do a great work for Him. Time is running out and there are many souls to reach. When we are clean and pure and where we need to be in Him then He can use us to do a mighty work for Him. Reaching Souls. That's what it's all about.

4 comments:

Just a thought said...

Jolene:
I am so thrilled at the blessing of our God in and on your life. So happy that you are doing better.

Mervi

Rochelle said...

What a mess that whole fumigation thing was!! And there is nothing like a good ole sping cleaning... inside and out. It just feels good, maybe not during the process, but the after effects are wonderful. :)

And thank you so much for praying for Keilani when she sick. You are so sweet.

Jolene Harris said...

Mervi, I was so relieved and excited at the same time when I received the news from the doctors about the tumor. But I shouldn't have been. I mean didn't we all pray and believe? I should have gone in there with the attitude of I knew it was going to be the answer and no need of sigh of relief attitude at all.

"Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." Mark 9:24

Jolene Harris said...

Rochelle, It is a mess. Now we just received the news that the new windows they put in have to have new locks put on the windows because they are not up to code. That means the workers will be back in our homes making YET anothe mess. :(

This too shall pass!

I shall rejoice when it is all said and done. Maybe I should rejoice now. You think? I mean, after all, look at the progress of the good things that are taking place inspite of all that we are going through. Time to quit looking on the negative (the mess) and look at the positive (the improvements) right? Just like our spiritual life. When we are going through rough times, rejoice, because that means something beautiful is on its way! Hey that will preach :D