Monday, March 2, 2009

Cell Phone VS. Bible


Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones?

What if we carried our Bible around in our purse or pocket like we do our cell phone?

What if we flipped through it several times a day?

What if we turned back to get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to our kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled for directions?

What if we used it is case of an emergency?

This is something to make you go....Hmmmmm.....where IS my Bible?

And unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill.

Knock knock! I knocked on heaven's door this morning. God smiled and answered, 'Request granted.'

Thanks for sending this to me sissy. Definitely Good Food For Thought. Makes you stop and search your heart to make sure your priorities ARE in the right place. I love you!

5 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I love this thought. The one good thing is that on my cell phone I have access to my Bible. So I can call up scripture whenever I like.

janet said...

I've heard this before, but I LOVE the reminder. My Bible is usually in my van...I don't like to go anywhere without it. I carry it with me to the library, parks, McD's, and Dr. appts. I'm just so glad to grab a few uninterrupted moments in the Word whenever I can...while the kids are playing, etc.!

I SOOOO need the inspiration, encouragement, correction, guidance, wisdom, and discernment of His Word!! I don't think I'm in any danger of getting too much! :)

Jolene Harris said...

Karen, that is so cool. I need to get that feature on my phone.

Jolene Harris said...

Janet, I agree! We are NEVER in danger of getting TOO MUCH of His Word. I too, need all the inspiration, encouragement, correction, guidance, wisdom, & discernment that I can get.

When my sister sent this e-mail to me I thought, How so very true it is. Even in church I have seen people play with their phones instead of listening to the preaching or worshiping when it is time to do so. Shows you where their heart is. Help me Lord to keep my heart on track is my prayer.

Anonymous said...

This is rad! Now I have my assignment. Thanks! :)