Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Serving God Regardless...

What an awesome Western District Ladies Conference we had this year. The speakers, Sis. Donna Linville and Sis. Debbie Saiz, were absolutely phenomenal. These ladies were ANOINTED! Let me tell you, my soul has been blessed. The music, now that is another thing that was Divine. The singers and musicians were definitely in the will of God. Sis. Hurst and her group sang under the power of the Holy Ghost. The brunch on Saturday was delicious and the entertainment was great. I laughed so much through out this entire conference. If you were able to go and didn't, then you cheated yourself out of one blessing after another.

I attended this conference this year with a continual migraine. I believed God for a miracle at every service. I just knew I was going to receive my healing. Yet, it never came. I would wake up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain and have to take meds and pray, pray, pray for relief. At times in the middle of service I would feel as though I was going to pass out and have to sit down or grab a hold of the seat in front of me.

On Saturday morning I told my sister that I just didn't understand why I didn't receive my healing because I went with a believing heart that I would. Right away the devil jumped on me and began to whisper discouraging things in my ear. We went to the brunch and Sis Andrea Arcovio sat at my table and she began to talk to my sister and I. As she began to talk she told us of a baby that had died in Africa and as they were preparing to bury the child, a preacher asked them if they had prayed the will of God for the child and they said no. So he prayed and the child came back to life and everyone began to rejoice. Then again, there was another child that had died and he asked them if they had prayed the will of God for the child and they said no. So he prayed for the will of God for the child but this child did not come back to life. So it was the will of God for this child to be buried.

She went on to tell of of a lady who had no nose and she had a dream that God spoke to her, telling her that He was going to give her a new nose. So she went about telling everyone, "See my new nose", yet there was no nose. She was causing such an uproar in her village that her pastor decided he must talk to her. As he was talking to her and telling her that she didn't have a nose, she was telling him that God told her He was going to give her a new nose, and right before his eyes she grew a nose. Sis. Arcovio brought it to my attention that I need to seek the will of God for my life in ALL things. Even concerning my healing. Even Paul had an affliction that he never received his healing from. Also, just because I didn't get my healing at conference, maybe it just wasn't in His time. Just like the lady who was going around saying "See my new nose?" yet, there was no nose. But when the time was right she received her nose.

So,like Paul, if it is the will of God for me to carry this affliction in my body or if it is not yet time for my healing I don't have the answer to that. All I know is that Romans 8:28 says "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." So, I only have one thing to say to your discouraging words that you whispered in my ear Satan, I am not careful to answer you in this matter oh king of this world. For I know that my God is well able to heal me. BUT, if He doesn't I will still serve Him with all my heart, might, mind, soul, and strength. He's my best friend and always there when I call. He has done me nothing but good.

3 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Great post and I LOVED your testimony Sunday night. Girl, you CAN preach!!!! So glad you were able to go to the conference.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Allard, I am sooo glad I went. It was the best WDLC by far. You and your companions were hilarious Saturday morning at Brunch. I sure hope THAT was caught on video. I would luv to see it posted. LOL!!!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Glad you were blessed!