Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sin & Compromise VS Purity & Holiness

"But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold." Psalm 73:2 NIV

"When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me." Psalm 94:18 NIV

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: thou hast destroyed all them that go a whoring from thee. But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, that I may declare all thy works. Psalms 73:26-28

Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41

The battle is raging strong between the spirit and the flesh. Can't eat! Can't sleep! Battle of the mind, heart, and spirit is raging stronger and stronger every day. Can't think straight. Find myself quickly being drawn out by the current. Losing my foothold. Can no longer focus on what is around me. Blinded by this circumstance that has come into my life. Feel smothered. Yet, not realizing what is happening to my very soul. Extremely emotional and confused. Then when on face book today Bro. Elder David Doran's Post seemed to jump off the screen at me:

When sin & compromise enter the yard of your home...you are losing ground -

When sin & compromise get on the front porch of your house you are in big trouble -

When sin & compromise enter your house, purity and holiness leave -

You can't have purity & holiness and sin & compromise at the same time, they cancel each other out. Make a choice 4 God!

Have I sinned?

"But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold."

In these last days Satan is going to come at us any way he can to destroy us. He will even use the ones we love.

I know I have quoted this scripture quite often but it is imperative that I do so again: "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

I am so thankful that "He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."Psalm 23:3

5 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Amen to your post. It says it all, and most clearly. Blessings.

Just a thought said...

May the victory of the Lord be yours. Fight the good fight of faith and lay hold on eternal life.

Mervi

Carol Connell said...

Hi Jolene,

Truly we are living in a time of much compromise, which if we fall prey to, we become like the man who built his house upon the sand. May God help us to keep building our lives on the sure Word of God, even if it is not the popular or convenient thing.

Love in Christ,

Sis. Connell

Jana Allard said...

Well, it is obvious you have "caught" what Pastor has been teaching. :) Holiness is a reflection of a holy person. Can't be holy and unholy at the same time. Great post!!!!! I still think you are going to preach someday. Ok, maybe just once, but that day is coming. I just feel it in my bones. LOL

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

God sees the desire in us, and He helps us. He sees you Sis Jolene. He is with you, He is on your side, and He'll see you thru!