Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Under The Weather


Good morning everyone! I just checked my e-mail and there were a couple of messages as to where I have been and why I have not been posting. Sorry I did not answer your questions sooner but I have not been able to function well enough to do so. I have been ill for about 3 weeks now. I started out with the flu. Then I got bronchitis, which triggered my asthma. I finally went to the doctor last Wednesday and received two lovely shots in the arm and loads of meds that I have been pumping into my system. Well, after a week of that I did not get any better so I had to go back to the doctor yesterday only to be told that I now have pneumonia. He wanted to admit me to the hospital but I refused to go there. I don't want to spend my b-day (which is tomorrow) in no hospital. So I am suppose to be on complete bed rest and lots of fluids and meds. Not on the computer. Don't tell on me OK? It's just that I miss reading all of your wonderful postings and sharing my thoughts with you and I do feel somewhat better after the shot I received yesterday. The breathing treatments he has me on are also helping, although my arm is really really sore from the shot.

As soon as I am up to par, I promise to return to blog ville and share a thought with you that has been on my mind.

God bless you all and have a great day.

10 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Jolene - you have been on my mind and I was wondering if you were better. I'm glad you are improving. You have done so well for so long, that it is hard to accept you feeling sick. I rebuke all this sickness in Jesus' name, too. I love you.

P.S. You are going to LOVE the boys project. It is going really well, so far.

Linda Elms said...

I sure hope you're feeling better SOON! It seems like a LOT of people of been sick this year. I hope you can hurry up and feel better so you can enjoy Christmas. I'll be watching for more posts.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Allard, the last two years have been good haven't they? I was in the hospital only once this past year so that is great. Dr. Saini tried to mess that up but I put my foot down on that one. I am joining you in rebuking all this sickness in Jesus Name. I have had my fill. Something came back in my blood work that calls for concern. So I guess I will be having some testing done when I am feeling better. So I need your prayers, OK?

I am so excited about the boys project and can hardly wait until it is finished so I can finally get my hands on their CD. I have no doubt that it is going to be awesome.

Love you and you all have a wonderful time in Nasville

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Elms, Thanks and I am feeling better. I have more strength today than I have had in days that's for sure. Maybe it's from the good laugh I got from your blog sight. :D After that good laugh and the breathing treatment, I then took a good nap. When I woke up I returned to read up on my favorite bloggers and I now feel refreshed.

Jana Allard said...

Jolene, you are always in my prayers. I love you and we are trusting God for you.

Carol Connell said...

Hi Jolene,

I'm sorry to hear about your sickness. I have missed your posts, and I'm praying that you will feel better soon.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Allard, I know you are always praying for my welfare. Thanks, I do appreciate it.

Jolene Harris said...

Carol, Thanks for stopping by. I am feeling much better today. Still not feeling well enough to sit and put my thoughts into something worth reading but hopefully soon. I have been reading though and trying to catch up on everyone's postings. I sure did miss it. Once I get caught up I think I will be 100% better :D

Rochelle said...

I have been out of blogland for a while, but your blog is one I check very frequently... was praying for you. :)

Jolene Harris said...

Rochelle, Thanks for your prayers and for stopping by often.

I noticed that from reading up on your blog that you had been ill as well. I pray that you are feeling much better.