Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



"The young sailor at sea was ordered to climb a mast to adjust a sail during a violent storm. He got halfway up, looked down, got dizzy and sick. An old sailor on deck shouted up to him Look up, son, look up. Young sailor looked up, regained his composure, and completed his mission. Moral: Look ahead, not back." (Unknown source)

We had a wonderful service last night ushering out 2007 and welcoming in 2008 with songs, the Word of God, testimonies, and praise and worship unto God Almighty. I was very tired in my body and had such a pounding in my head when I first entered the church service. I felt as though my head was in a vice grip and each time the drummer hit the drums or someone near by clapped their hands it was as though fireworks went off inside my head. But I would just say "In Jesus Name, In Jesus Name" over and over and continued to worship and praise Him. Before long I felt the hand of God come down and touch me and the pain subsided and the vice grip let up and I began to relax and felt such sweet peace come over my soul. GOD IS SO GOOD!

One of the brothers sang a song and part of the chorus was "I will praise Him in the midst of my storm" and I thought Lord this song is for me. I will praise you in the midst of my storm. No matter how high the waves crash around me. No matter how high my boat gets tossed from side to side I will hang on. I will not jump ship! For I KNOW the Peace Speaker and I know HIM by Name. All I have to do is get to Him and He will calm the storms in my life. Then the above quote was in my email this morning and it seemed to go so well with the song that was sang last night.

When the violent storms come and the mast needs adjusting, we must not hang our heads and look down. We mustn't become discouraged and throw in the towel. We can not allow ourselves to become dizzy, sick, weary and weak. By all means, we can not jump ship. Lift up your heads because your redemption draweth nigh. (Luke 21:28).

When troubles and trials come your way, don't become discouraged. don't turn around and go back the other direction. We must keep going forward. If you will look to Him, then you will be able to regain your composure and go on for Christ. Now is not the time to look back. We must look ahead and do as Paul did in Philippians 3:13-14; "...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."



PRESS ON

ENGLISH GRADUATION SONG



When the valley is deep,

When the mountain is steep,

When the body is weary,

When we stumble and fall.



When the choices are hard,

When we're battered and scarred,

When we've spent our resources,

When we've given our all.

CHORUS

In Jesus' name, we press on,

In Jesus' name, we press on,

Dear Lord with the prize, clear before our eyes,

We find the strength to press on.


Forgetting all that lies behind us

And straining towards all that lies before.

We press on towards the mark of the high calling

That is ours in Christ our Lord.



Dear Lord, dear Lord with the prize,

Clear before our eyes,

We find the strength, we find the strength,

We find the strength to press on...To press on...


2008 is here! A new year with new beginnings. Out with the old and in with the new. All of your hurts, pain, disappointments, bad attitudes, discouragements, mistakes, and all of your failures, leave them them in 2007. It is a new year with a new beginning and a new start. "Whatever your past has been, your future is spotless." (Unknown Source)

Me, I am expecting a year of MIRACLES! :D Healings, Revivals, Backsliders coming home, my son returning to God. My two nephews returning to God unspoken prayer requests being answered and the list goes on. Oh yes, I am expecting many, many wonderful things to happen in 2008 by the hand of God.

Come on Saints
Don't hesitate
Go forward
In 2008!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Last night WAS wonderful. I'm glad you were able to be there.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Allard, Yes it was. I loved all the testimonies from the different generations. It is wonderful to see how God has kept those through so many years. That in itself tells What a friend God really is. He who sticketh closer than a brother. WOW! He is by our side alt all times no matter what.