Saturday, January 5, 2008

YOUR HAND


I ran across the following poem and I would like to dedicate it to all of my blogging friends. I enjoy reading your many postings. I have laughed with you as well as cried with you. You have lifted me up in many many ways. I have gleaned a lot of strength from many of you and I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for sharing your world with me. When I slip over to your blog sites and read your postings I feel as though through your words you reach out and touch my soul and there I find such peace. Thank you all for letting God use you to reach out and touch others in such a special way. God bless you all.


YOUR HAND


When my world falls down around me,
And the ground is sinking sand;
When peace can’t be found on this earth,
I reach out for your hand.

Then when your hand wraps ‘round my own,
A strength pours from your soul;
It brings me to a quiet calm,
Till once again I’m whole.

A peace beyond all reason,
A rest there in your touch;
Something in your quiet words,
My heart yearns for so much.

If I but rest my worries,
Upon your shoulder there;
The strength that pours forth from your soul,
Will wash away each care.

Like a cool, sweet taste of water,
For a tired and thirsty man;
My heart finds peace, my soul is calm,
When I reach out for your hand.

6 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Jolene,

I'm honored to count you as one of my blogging friends. I feel the same way you do, and many times I have been encouraged by your posts. Thank you for allowing God to use you to minister to others in this way. Still praying and believing God for great things for you in 2008!

Love,
Carol

Linda Elms said...

A beautiful poem, Jolene! As we all hold onto each other we reach our hands heavenward and grasp the hand of the ONE who keeps us safe in His arms. God is with you! Keep holding on!

Jana Allard said...

Great poem. I'm glad you are my friend.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis Carol, I have grown so close to all of you through blogging though I have not met most of you. Yet I feel as though I have known you forever. I feel a closeness to my blogging buddies in the Lord that I do not feel (sad to say) to my natural family who does not serve the Lord. I have nothing in common with them. I am still reaching out to them and hope someday to win them over to God.

Like you, I am still praying and believing God for a miracle in 2008. I believe He has a work for me to do and I am willing to do it.

Are you going to the Ladies Retreat February 21-23? If so, I hope to meet you there.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Elms, So true! People who think they can make it on their own are sadly mistaken. No man is an island to themselves. When I am down, I need someone to help lift me up and when my brother/sister is down I want to be there to help lift them up. Team work, that's what it is all about with God being the Captain of the team.

I truly appreciate you and enjoy reading about your part of the world. God bless you and yours.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis Allard, MY FRIEND INDEED! I love and appreciate all that you do! God's blessings on you and your household!