Friday, February 29, 2008

I Have Decided


"If you have not consciously made the decision to be rich, excellent, and healthy, then you have unconsciously made the decision to be poor, mediocre, and unhealthy." — Wallace D. Wattles

Wallace Wattles may have been talking about earthly goods here but today I am going to apply this to the spiritual realm. We have a choice. We can either be rich, excellent, and healthy spiritually or we can be poor, mediocre and unhealthy.

Like I said in a recent post before this, I possess a grand treasure chest. It is up to me to dip into it anytime I want to access the many treasures that lie within. Or I can choose to set this treasure chest upon the shelf and simply let it collect dust. But let it be known that when I do not partake of what lies within the treasure chest, spiritually I will become malnourished and unhealthy and mediocre in spirit.

We have the ability be so rich in our spirits. All we have to do is tap into the power of the Holy Ghost. If we could ever realize the full excellent, powerful, potential of all that lay in wait for us to really get a hold of, it would blow our minds. We would ask ourselves "Why did I wait so long to get a hold of this?"

My Father owns the cattle on a thousands hills. He will supply my every need. I am RICH in God! I am RICH in Spirit, RICH in joy, RICH in peace, RICH in happiness, RICH in the love of God! I am RICH in faith!

"O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens." Psalms 8:1

I may be sick in body but I am HEALTHY in spirit. I know my God. He is my strength and my salvation. He is my Savior and the rock that I stand on. My Lord is the joy of my soul. He is the very breath that I breathe. My God is the fairest of ten thousand to my soul. He is the Lily of my valley, my bright and morning star. He put laughter in my soul and is the song that I sing. Though I be weak yet, I am strong in Him. He is my EVERYTHING.

I have consciously made a decision and I choose to be rich, healthy, and excellent in God!

11 comments:

Linda Elms said...

AMEN! I love the sound of VICTORY! I feel like a multi-billionaire after reading this! Thank you!

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Elms, Victory!!! That is a beautiful sound isn't it? Brings the old song to mind, "Victory In Jesus, My Savior Forever". I like the FOREVER part.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

Beautiful picture! I have never been able to grow dahlias. These are gorgeous.
Rich in the Lord - YES!
My needs all met - YES!
"Oh Yes, Oh yes, I'm a child of the King". Ever seen royalty's offsprings destitute - maybe if they leave the King's House...
I love you and I too am glad we have prayed together. I'll tell you I was a little concerned about "barging in" since you were with your sister. Maybe we won't have to wait a year? Who knows what the future holds. Shopping? Hanging out? It's a deal!

Jolene Harris said...

Catherine, I love your beautiful and sincere spirit. I do appreciate your praying with me at Ladies Conference. Who knows, maybe we won't have to wait until next year to get to go shopping or going to lunch together. Never know what the future holds. I know I would have fun getting together with you and Alice and just kicking it for the day.

Carol Connell said...

Thank God for the unsearchable riches in Christ that we can have. We may not always feel great in body(and I haven't lately),but thank God that we can be rich in our spirits through Jesus! Hope you have a blessed weekend. :-)

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Carol, I pray that you are feeling better. It seems that everyone has been hit with sickness as of late. But praise God even though we may be sick in body we can still be well in spirit.

May you have a wonderful weekend in the Lord as well.

Jana Allard said...

Love this post! Victory is mine! Sounds like a selfish little kid, huh? Oh, well. So be it. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene,

Thanks for this post--very good points!


Blessings,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene,

I saw that today my previous comments were back.

I would also like to comment more on this post. I agree that following Christ is about making a conscious decision to live purposefully for Him (Jesus didn't call for us to be lukewarm, middle-of -the road, "fence-riders," etc.)! AMEN!

Thanks again for this post!

Love N Him,
Janet


P.S. This post also reminds me of a song I used to sing many years ago, called "I Have Decided." The words reiterate to me that being a Christian is about following Him not just daily, but minute by minute!!

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Allard, That's OK, reminds me of the song:

Victory is mine
Victory is mine
Victory today is mine
I told Satan
Get thee behind
Cause Victory today is mine

Jolene Harris said...

Janet, Thanks for stopping by. You are right. We must purpose in our hearts to live for Him. We must have a made up mind. Further more we can't do it straddling the fence. We can't live for God trying to hold onto Him with one hand and the world with the other. Very good point. That is being lukewarm as you said and if we are luke warm, well then we will be spewed out of His mouth, Cast aside, thrown into the potter's field and I don't think any of us want that.