Thursday, February 14, 2008

Down But Not Out!


A week ago Wednesday night we had a testimony service of what God has done for us personally. Well, I stood and spoke of how God had touched my lungs and how the doctor said they sounded better than ever before. Then I told the congregation of how the doctor began to speak to me about God healing me of my brain tumor which I wrote a post on titled; “TRUSTING THE ONE TRUE LIVING GOD”.

We all know how it goes, give God some glory and praise and watch the devil throw a fit. By Friday morning I was so sick I could hardly raise my head off of my pillow. My lungs were bursting with pain. I could hard take a breath without it feeling as though my bronchial tubes were on fire. I knew I was in trouble and needed to get to the doctor and fast. I showered, MISTAKE! That nearly killed me alone. It takes a lot of oxygen to shower and when you are short of that, not a good idea, trust me.

I made it to the doctor’s office and as soon as I walked in all eyes was on me. It’s no wonder, with every breath I took it sounded like a really bad static radio going full blast. The nurse took me right back and started treatments on me to try to open up my lungs. It only took 3 treatments to get some relief. The Doctor gave me two shots that day and 4 prescriptions and told me to go home and stay in bed. I did too. Well, not in bed because I couldn’t lay flat or I would cough my head off but I was laid up in the recliner for 4 days straight. I was to sick and weak to do much of anything. As a matter of fact I am still sleeping in the recliner because I still can’t lie down.

I went back to the doctor this morning because I had another bad breathing attack. I had finished the antibiotics he had given me and knew I needed more. When I walked in of course I got the royal treatment again. By the way I have bronchitis and a sinus infection. Doctor’s biggest concern here is to keep the bronchitis from turning into bronchial pneumonia. He also told me I am dropping weight to fast and we don’t know why. In the last 5 days I lost 4 ½ pounds alone.

I told him I have a Ladies Conference to go to next week and I am going if I have to go on a hospital gurney hooked up to IV’s and him as my attending physician. So either he can join hands with the Chief of staff upstairs and work a miracle and get me well or pack his bags because we are going to Ladies Conference.

So doc wrote me up more prescriptions and said my lungs were really a mess but that’s OK. God has healed me of this before and He will do it again. This is just a minor set back. The devil is mad so that makes me glad. Come hell or high waters I will be at that conference in Jesus Name! I just feel like something good is about to happen, I just feel like something good is on its way. I may be down but I am not out! So satan, throw your little fits, throw out your stumbling blocks, I will not be discouraged. This too shall pass!

My God is more than enough. He supplies all of my needs.
He is my El Shaddai, He always looks out for me.
So why should I worry bout the highs and the lows
The ups and the downs, when by my faith I know
My God is more than enough
More than enough
More than enough

16 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Jolene,

A few days ago, I woke up with this thought on my mind. When hell sends its worst, heaven is just around the corner waiting to send its very best. I am believing God for your healing and believing that you will receive a special touch at Ladies' Conference. I appreciate your positive spirit and your faith in God.

Love,
Carol

Just a thought said...

OH Jolene you are in our prayers to the Great Physician. I would not say, keep up the good fight. It sounds like you are in the mist of the battle.
Jesus bless you and yours;
Mervi

Bambi said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Jolene. If Satan doesn't back off before the conference, there are going to be more people witnessing Gods goodness. I hope it blesses your socks off.

Hugs & blessings,
Bambi

Jana Allard said...

The devil's a liar! He couldn't handle you telling everyone how good God is. Stupid, devil! You'd think he'd know by now we've read the back of the book and we win.

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

I prayed for you this morning!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

God bless you Sister and give you strength. The battle is the Lord - our part is to wait, that the hard one.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Jolene and looking forward to seeing you again at Ladies Conference.

Yvonne said...

aww aunty jo jo I didn't know you were sick I'm praying for you! Love you.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis Connel, Good Morning! it is Sat. the 16th & I slept last night all the way through for the first time in a week. :) Sigh!

But you can still hear my chest rattling through out the house. I am doing better though. I thank you for your prayers and I am looking for that special blessing that I know is on it's way.

love ya
jolene

Jolene Harris said...

Mervi, you said! It has been a battle that's for sure. But I will survive. After all, look who my Commander & Chief is. :D

Thanks for all of your prayers. Without the prayers of my fellow saints at times like these, (when I am to weak to pray for myself)I couldn't make it.

Blessing to you all,
jolene

Jolene Harris said...

Bambi, Thanks for your prayers. I am going to that conference with the intention of receiving a SPECIAL blessing. So yes, I intend to get my socks blessed off, (so to speak) :D

God bless
jolene

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Allard, Amen to that. But you know, it doesn't matter. He can't keep me down. He's not keeping me from Ladies Conference either. I have planned this for a year now. This past year it seems that hell has thrown every thing it has at me everytime I have turned a corner. You know what I have to say to that?

You better look out satan look out
You better look out satan look out
For I come to you in the Name of the Lord
So look out satan look out!

Love you
jolene

Jolene Harris said...

holmessellshomes, Thank you for your prayers. I honestly believe that the prayers of people like you are what has got me through this past week.

Blessings
jolene

Jolene Harris said...

Catherine, There you go with that wait word. My hardest trial, WAIT! I am beginning to think maybe, just maybe that is what the Lord is trying to teach me here is patience. You think?

Thanks for your prayers
love you
jolene

Jolene Harris said...

Myblessings, It will be good to see you again. I can hardly wait to get to Conference. I just know it is going to be such a spiritual reward and just what my soul needs.

Thanks again for your prayers.
love you
jolene

Jolene Harris said...

Bonzi, I heard you have been ill as well. Girl you better take care of yourself and eat better.

I heard about the miracle on your car. That is so awesome. I have never in all of my life heard of a quote especially one so high as that and then the shop come back and say hey by the way, the cost of repairs is only half of what we quoted you. God is Sooooo Good! I know when the garage guy called your mom and told her she nearly fell over with shock and then nearly ran down the street screaming victory.

love you
auntie jojo