Sunday, May 11, 2008

In Memory Of My Mom On Mother's Day

LEONA MAE ROGERS


Some of the most beautiful things in my life have
come in twos, dozens, and hundreds. Dazzling
s
unsets, starry nights, colorful rainbows, friends,
and family. Yet as my youth fades, my love
droops, and the leaves of friendships fall. I
always find myself led back to the
single most beautiful thing in the world......MOM.


Mom Is......A heart where thru the years
I have deposited all my hurts and worries, and
shared my joys. A place where the quality of
love has been central to my being.. An area where
patience may have worn thin, but there was still
room for me to be less than perfect.
Mom........I love and miss you!

(author unknown)




July 21, 1926 - Dec 27, 2001

4 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Jolene,

What a nice tribute to your mom. I can definitely see a resemblance between you and her. I'm sorry that she is gone now. I know that's a difficult thing. I still have my mom, but my dad passed away in 1994. I am thankful though for all the good memories that I do have of him, and I'm sure you have many wonderful memories of your mother.

Happy Mother's Day to you too.

Love,
Carol

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Connell, When I saw my pic next to my mom's I was blown away at how much I do look like her even though she was a brunette and I a redhead.

You never do quit missing them when their gone do you? But thank God for the wonderful memories we have. They will always be with us in our hearts.

Rochelle said...

What a sweet post. You certainly look like her. :) And I like your new picture for your profile! Your hair is beautiful!

Jolene Harris said...

Thank you Rochelle. I took this pic on Mother's Day. I was having a good hair day. :D