Friday, April 18, 2008

My Hope & My Deliverer


Remain calm, even when it does seems hopeless



“Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we HOPE in thee.” Psalms 33:22

"For thou art my HOPE, O Lord GOD..." Psalms 71:5

"But I will HOPE continually, and will yet praise thee more and more." Psalms 71:14

"The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and MY DELIVERER; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." Psalms 18:2

"...O God: thou art my help and MY DELIVERER;..." Psalms 7o:5

"My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and MY DELIVERER; my shield, and he in whom I trust;..." Psalms 144:2

God will ALWAYS make a way when there seems to be no way. Just stay faithful to Him and He will see you through any and every situation. He is FAITHFUL!

6 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

I couldn't help but wonder when I saw that picture if somebody had put too much trust in that horse(or is that a donkey?) Anyhow, I'm glad we can put our hope and trust in the Lord and know that He will see us through.

janet said...

My heart, HOPE, and HOME are with Jesus in Heaven. (I just got through posting about this!)

Some people don't understand such hope, and therefore, unfortunately the future can look so completely bleak and dim.
I believe that we, as Christians, can guard against such despair, by always keeping our eyes on Him and toward Heaven! As we do so, with the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit, we can also press on in the faith, "overcoming evil with good!"

Carol Connell said...

Hi Jolene,

Just wanted to let you know that you have been tagged. If you want to participate, the rules are posted on my blog. If you don't want to, no offense will be taken, of course. Hope you're having a blessed Sunday!

Jolene Harris said...

That is a great scripture Sis Connell and a great thought. The scripture that came to my mind when I saw this pic was in Matthew 11:30: "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Sometimes we get so busy and caught up with everyday life that we get so burden down with the cares of life that we get swept off our feet. All we need to do is take it to the Lord and give it to Him and He will carry the load for us. I am so Thankful that I can go to Him and that He will see me through.

Jolene Harris said...

Janet, I feel sorry for those who don't understand about this hope we have in our Lord. IF they only knew! That is where we come in. We must somehow take this hope to them, make them understand that there is hope in Christ. Some will listen, some won't. But if we even reach one it will be worth it.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Connell, I will check out the rules for the tag. I went to the coast with my youngest daughter for the weekend and we had a wonderful time. It was just the two of us. Got back just in time for Sunday evening service. So I am trying to catch up on a few things around here.