Sunday, July 6, 2008

I'll Never Know




Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that
You're my God

You're all together lovely
All together worthy
All together wonderful to me

I'll never know
How much it cost
To see my sins
Upon that cross

I'll never know
How much it cost
To see my sins
Upon that cross

Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that
You're my God

You're all together lovely
All together worthy
All together wonderful to me



The above song is what Bro. Bryce Allard started this morning's service off with. There is more to this song but these words really stuck out to me. I will never know what it really cost my Lord to nail my sins to the cross that day on Calvary's Hill. I am just thankful that He loved me enough to die for me, to shed His blood to purchase my salvation. That is why the words to this song mean so much and ring so true. I am thankful for the FREEDOM we have here in America today but there is nothing like the SPIRITUAL FREEDOM I have within my soul all because of Calvary. That is why I say:



Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that
You're my God

You're all together lovely
All together worthy
All together wonderful to me

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful song. We sing it often at our church, and I always feel touched the most at the bridge..."I'll never know how much it cost, to see my sins upon that cross." I believe that someday we will see Calvary and all that Jesus suffered for our sins. Thank God for His precious blood! Love you!

Karen J. Hopper said...

I love this song. Worship is the soul of our communication with God. PS: Glad that you are back among us once again.

Jolene Harris said...

kikikaria, that part of the song gets to me every time as well. We are so blessed to have such a loving God.

Jolene Harris said...

Karen, It is a beautiful song. I love song service and the special songs that people sing. To me it helps us to open up and worship our God and it helps us to prepare our ears and our hearts for the Word of God for when the preacher steps before the pulpit and begins to preach. Sort of like preparing the soil of our hearts for the planting or the Word.

PS: It's good to be back. Nothing like being without your computer. I was sooooo lost. Didn't know what to do with myself. My fingers sure did itch for my keyboard. ;)

Jana Allard said...

Hey, glad you are back! I do love that song, too. Bryce does a great job leading worship and he favors songs that have deep meaning.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Allard, I have to agree with you in that Bryce does a great job in leading worship service. He puts his all into it. I can tell that he feels after the will of God for each service. That is what I admire about him.

Carol Connell said...

I love this song too, and we sing it often in our church. I'm so thankful for Calvary and the great price that Jesus paid to bring us salvation. What a privilege it is to have our sins washed away in the blood of the Lamb!

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

This is a song we sing often too.
If it wasn't for Calvary, were would I be?

Faith Motivates Miracles! said...

Hi Sis Mendoza! That is a beautiful song.. What is your link so I can add you to my page? Have a blessed week.
Sis Noel

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Connell, It is a privilege to have our sins washed away by the Blood of the Lamb. I just don't understand how people can walk away from such Precious Blood.

MAY I NEVER FORGET THE COST OF HIS BLOOD!

Jolene Harris said...

Amen Catherine, Amen! It is a scary thought isn't it?

Jolene Harris said...

Sis Noel, my blog address is www.jolenejmendoza.blogspot.com

You have a great week as well.