Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Day At The Beach

My daughters, Caleb, and I drove over to Morro Bay and then Pismo a few weeks ago for the day. It was a wonderful day of just relaxing and enjoying each others company. We just took our time and and had a blast. Caleb was excited to have his auntie Kellie riding in the back seat with him.



We went to Morro Bay first and checked out The Rock. Then took Caleb over to the Aquarium so he could feed the seals and check out the different sea critters they have there in the tanks.


Caleb was ecstatic. He loves sea creatures. He went from tank to tank and was so excited. I do believe we could have stayed there all afternoon and Caleb would have been perfectly satisfied.




After much convincing, Caleb agreed and we left for Pismo. We had lots of fun in the sun. I didn't get any pics of Caleb in the water but here is one that really took me by surprise. Auntie Kellie and Caleb were digging a trench, as you can see in the pic below.


Then when auntie Kellie went to get something to help dig deeper, Caleb laid down in the trench and said, "Look grandma! I'm dead in Christ."


I guess he is paying attention to the preaching while playing under the pew at church more than I realize. I asked him where did he hear that term, "Dead In Christ"? His reply, "When Pastor is preaching." Then came the big question. "Grandma, what does Dead in Christ mean?" I thought to myself, looks like you pretty much know what it means but let's make sure you know for sure. Soooo, it was now time for a quick Bible Study at the beach.

This next picture really amazes me. It is strange how Caleb has such a fear of water and does not like it to come up around him and yet look at the pic below. He begged for his auntie Kellie to bury him in the sand and then he basked in the sun after it was done. Just check him out. Give me water any day!


After a wonderful day comes to a close, we must head back home. Everyone is tired and falls fast asleep on the drive home. Everyone that is except Kerrie. To bad she choose to drive.

BUT WAIT!!!

BUSTED!!!!

What's that in your hand Kerrie?

DOUGHNUTS!!!

And you thought we were asleep!

4 comments:

Alice said...

Wow what a day, looks like you all had a great time. We visited the aquarium 2 years ago and we had such a great time.
Alice

Jolene Harris said...

Alice, It was a wonderful day. Nothing like getting away from it all, especially this heat here in the valley.

The aquarium was right up Caleb's alley. I have never seen a kid so amazed with sea critters like he is. He absolutely loved Sea World when we took him there at age 4. He still talks about it.

Catherine Roseberry-Meyer said...

We love Morro Bay!

Jolene Harris said...

Catherine, It is a wonderful place. I enjoy it everytime I go there.