Saturday, September 8, 2007

Oh How Refreshing Is God's Word

Well, here it is a beautiful Saturday morning and it is 73 degrees out right now and I am cleaning my windows and screens and needed to take a break. So I grabbed a glass of ice cold water and sat down in my recliner and was listening to some wonderful Godly music. I thought man this water is so refreshing and taste so good. Then this scripture came to my mind, Psalms 34:8, "O taste and see that the LORD is good..." and right away my mind began to wander off onto the word of the Lord.

Psalms 119:103, "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"

Isaiah 28:12, "To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing..."

Matthew 11:28, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.1:28, "

Phlippians 4:7, "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Habakkuk 3:18, "Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation."

Lamentations 3:21-26 NKJV, "This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, says my soul, Therefore I hope in Him! The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD."

Have a wonderful weekend in the Lord.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene,

Indeed God's Word is great! It is the food and water that sustains our souls. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful, encouraging Scriptures.

Alice said...

This is so true. I'm glad I have someone who will be there no matter what. I know that I can always taste of that living water, no matter were I am, or what my situation is. I am so glad you wrote of this thought, because you encouraged me today! Thank you
Alice

Jolene Harris said...

Carol and Alice, Thanks for stopping by. I must admit that when I started my day yesterday it was with a heavy heart. So I started cleaning (which is what I do to keep from becoming so overwhelmed) and turned on my favorite CD's and prayed as I worked. I think that as I was cleaning my windows I must have been cleaning the windows to my soul as well. But in no time the Lord came down and began to lift me up and refresh my spirit. More than once I have had to do what David did in 1 Samuel 30:6, "...but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God." I am glad that you were refreshed by these scriptures as well.
Don't we serve a wonderful God?

Jana Allard said...

Love this post. It is hard to believe that God has brought you to a place where you can post something so postive. God is so good and I am so thankful for all he has done in your life.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Allard, It is amazing what God has done in my life isn't it? Sitting here thinking on your comment, all I can do is just shake my head in awe of what all God has done for me. Now as the tears of joy begin to flow, all I can say is thank you Jesus for you are my everything.