Monday, September 3, 2007

What A Wonderful World

This morning as I went out to open up the laundry room at 6am I heard a bird singing away in the tree and it sounded so beautiful. I just stood there and listened and then I heard another bird and then another one start in. I couldn't help but to look around and just begin to study the beauty of the Lord. I looked up to check out the beautiful blue sky and the white clouds. I looked at the trees and studied the green leaves and the branches. I admired the flowers and smiled as the stray kittens played in the bushes. I watched the water from the sprinklers in one section of the yard as it glistened on the lawn. Then I watched as other tenants started coming out to get in their cars to go to work (not everyone has this holiday off) and we would smile at each other and say hello or good morning. Then I just took a stroll around the complex to check that all was OK and I heard a newborn baby cry in one of the apartments, I saw a couple kissing goodbye at the front door and I thought to myself...What a wonderful world!

Many wonderful memories came flooding back to me at that moment. Like my sister's wedding a year ago last July. She walked down the isle to the song "What A Wonderful World". When my Pastor's wife, Jana Allard's CD came out, she had recorded this song on it. This song has come to claim a very special place in my heart. Every time I hear it, I am reminded that I need to stop and take a moment to look around at the beauty of God's creation. I need to put a smile on my face and make myself friendly and speak to others. If I do this 9 times out of 10 it will be returned to me. Their day, as well as mine, has started out on a bright note. So at the start of every morning take time to enjoy God's beauty. I know that we need to be concerned with the evil of the world that is going on around us. We need to fight against it as well. But don't let it be our focal point. We do not need to fear the things of this world. 1 John 4:4 "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." Let's focus on the beauty of God and His mighty acts.

I think I'll just grab a glass of mango juice now and put on Sis. Allard's CD and kick back in my recliner for a few moments and enjoy her singing What A Wonderful World. So smile now :) and have a wonderful day everyone!

I see trees of green........ red roses too
I"ve watched them bloom..... for me and you
And I think to myself.... what a wonderful world.
I see skies of blue..... clouds of white
The bright blessed day....and the dark sacred night
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.
The colors of the rainbow.....so pretty ..in the sky
Are also on the faces.....of people ..passing by
I see friends shaking hands.....sayin.. how do you do
They're really sayin......I love you.
I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
They'll learn much more.....than I'll ever know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world

I hear babies cry...... I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world
I think to myself .......what a wonderful world.

4 comments:

Jana Allard said...

Awwww, you are so sweet. I am glad you enjoy my CD. We do live in a wonderful world. I especially feel myself bristle when people talk trash about Delano. Yes, Delano has its problems and they are many, but there is the Apostolic Gospel Church here and that is a really bright spot for me to focus.

Jolene Harris said...

Delano might have its problems Sis Allard, but so does the rest of the world. I have lived a lot of places through out my life and I do mean a lot and believe me, the grass is not greener on the other side. As long as we have God, a good church and a good Pastor, family, and friends, then we do have a wonderful world.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, God has given us a wonderful world to enjoy here. Even though we live in a sinful world, there are still so many blessings that God give us to enjoy if we'll just open our eyes and look around us. I'm glad to have a hope too, of going to an even better and glorious world when I leave this one!

Jolene Harris said...

Oh Carol what a thought. The beauty we behold here is nothing in comparison to what He has in store for us when we get over yonder. And we think this is a wonderful world? WOW!

Great comment, thanks.