Friday, July 20, 2007

Random Question


I received a Random Question and it reads as follows:

When your science teacher smashed a frozen rose with a hammer, did you warm the petals to bring them back to life?

The first thing that came to my mind is the song that a young man in our church sings - "When God Unfolds The Rose".

The frozen rose that the question is speaking of, reminds me of a soul that is cold and void of God's presence. The rose being smashed with a hammer reminds me of a life that is being smashed and destroyed by satan. So if I was to rephrase the question it would be something like this:

When the devil smashed a frozen soul with a hammer (sin) did you warm the broken pieces to bring it back to life?

First of all, I can not take a frozen rose that has been smashed with a hammer and place its petals between my palms to warm them and bring them back to life, for "Only God Can Unfold The Rose". I can, however, take a soul that has been smashed and destroyed by sin and satan and place it in the palm of my spiritual hands and put it on the altar before God in prayer. I can reach out to that destroyed soul and let God's love flow through me. If that soul will render itself unto the Lord then God can take the broken pieces and place them in the palm of His hands and warm that broken soul back to Life.

So let's reach out to the broken pieces of a crushed soul and show them God's love. Let's lead that soul to Him so He can
can warm the broken pieces and bring it back to life. If we do this, then we can watch as "God Unfolds The Rose".



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO yeah I'm totally offended as I'm still not in your fav blogs list. LOL no not really I'm just teasing you but I love the way you turned the random question into something spiritual. Loves ya.

Jolene Harris said...

Bonzi, you know you're one of my favorites. You always come up with real good thoughts to share and what is so amazing about it is YOU"RE A BLONDE! Just Kidding!!! I love U 2

Jana Allard said...

Jolene - that is a great start for a blog. WOW! I always love to hear your thoughts and now I can read them over and over.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis Allard, Thanks for your comment. I must admit that the only reason I am able to come up with something like this is because of the teachings I have received over the years from you and Pastor. I have learned to take the things that I have heard from the pulpit or in conversations that we have shared and chew on them, swallow them, and then apply them to my life. From that, I have learned to search out other statements that I have heard or read and try to apply them to my life in a spiritual sense. Thanks again for everything. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene:

Welcome to the blog world. I saw the link to your blog on Jana Allard's blogspot and thought I would visit. Beautiful thoughts you have written and so true. Only God can unfold and warm that frozen rose, but isn't it so beautiful when we labor together with God to win a soul to Him? God bless you in your new writing adventure. Karen : )

Jolene Harris said...

Karen, Thanks for dropping by. Your comments are welcome anytime and yes, it is beautiful when we labor together with Him. Some plant, some water, some harvest, and God gives the increase and restores life back to a crumbled soul.

deon said...

Wow!!!! That's an awesome thought. Love it!

Jolene Harris said...

Thanks Deon and drop by again

Mrs. Willman said...

Wow! Nice topic! I never expected to find Sherrie's Red Ant in here! Hi Jolene! btw...I am a science teacher but I have never smashed a frozen rose in class, although I have helped bandage a few broken petals. Have a great day!

Jolene Harris said...

Well blow me down Ester, look who just visited my blog site. If it isn't Loretta. Girlfriend what brought you to my site and how did you find me? Good to hear from you. I was just wondering the other day if anyone ever read these old posts. Now I know.

I have linked you to my blog site so now I can just click on your name and read up on you anytime now. Cool.