Monday, July 30, 2007

Rock Of Ages

Rock of Ages, cleft for me, Let me hide myself in Thee...

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.” (Psalms 18:2)

This morning as I was flipping through my photos, the one posted above caught my attention. When my son sent this one to me from Quantanamo Bay Cuba, my first reaction was ‘Why send me a pic of a bunch of rocks?” But as I took a closer look I could see the creature hiding in the rocks. (Click on pic for a closer view.) When I looked at the photo again today, the above verse came to my mind. This scripture has proven to be true to me many times. When I am weak, He is my strength. When the devil throws fiery darts my way, my God is my shield and He wards off those fiery darts. When the situation becomes more than I can bear then all I have to do is grab a hold of the horn of salvation and He becomes my stronghold and I get renewed strength in Him. Yes, He is worthy to be praised and when I give Him all the glory and praise He deserves, He will deliver me from mine enemies. Surely He is my Rock Of Ages. For when I am facing times of trouble all I have to do is go to the Rock of my Salvation I go to the Stone that the builders rejected I run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me. When the earth all around me is sinking sand, On Christ, the solid rock I stand. When I need a shelter, When I need a friend, I go to the Rock.

No comments: