Thursday, August 16, 2007

How Will You Respond?

“There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces... (such as tornados, earthquakes, floods, disasters, illness and pain.) What really matters is the internal force. How do I respond to those disasters? Over that I have complete control. ”
by Leo Buscaglia

Eph. 6:12 says "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Luke 22:31 "And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:"

Understand that your strength lies in the power of God. Eph 6:10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might."

Know that the battlefield is in the mind. We put on the armor of God in our minds as Paul instructs us in 2Corinthians 10:4-5 ("For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

The whole armor of God is required in our daily spiritual warfare. Be sober and be vigilant! Eph 6:11 "Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."

God has provided everything you need to have power over the enemy. Eph 6:13 "Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand.

So when internal forces try to bring disasters into your life it is up to you how you will respond. You can throw in the towel and say what's the use or you can do as David did in 1 Samuel 30:6 "...But David encouraged himself in the Lord". Tell yourself this, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13. You can be victorious. You do have complete control. The choice is yours. What will you do?

14 comments:

Rochelle said...

Excellent post! When we recognize what we are fighting, we can spend our energy in the right places, and we shall come forth as gold!!

Jolene Harris said...

Rochelle, Thanks for stopping by. I agree with what you say. Recognizing the source of our enemy and knowing the source of our strength. That is how we shall come out victorious.

God Bless

Jana Allard said...

Are you sure you aren't running from a call to preach?!?!? Girl, you can preach a message from any thought thrown at you. I nominate you for Camp Meeting teacher next year.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis. Allard, Sometimes I do wonder how I come up with the thoughts that flash through my little bitty brain and I know I have one because they found it on that last catscan. But a call to preach, NOPE! I'm to short winded for that and I do mean literally. ;} Camp Meeting teacher next year? Hang on ....(giggle, giggle, snort, snort, giggle, tear, snort, giggle, side splitting pain, snort, tear, screaming with laughter, snort, snort, sigh)ok I am back. Uuummmmm, you do humor me so. Let's leave that for someone who has a real calling for that ok? love you

Jolene Harris said...

Squeal, giggle, giggle, snort, giggle, squeal, side splitting pain laughter, snort, snort, tears and more tears, out of breath, giggle, giggle, large sigh. Sorry Sis. Allard but I just couldn't quit laughing over your humorous nomination. (giggle giggle) Hey, where is my inhaler? snort, snort.

Jolene Harris said...

ha ha ha, hee hee hee, ha ha, giggle, giggle, snort, sniff, snort, giggle, ha ha ha, hee hee hee, ah ha ha ha, squeal, snort, tears streaming, oh side pain from laughing, snort, snort, Say what? Girlfriend you are to much!!! Oh Sorry! :o snicker, snicker :}

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we can be victorious through the power of the Holy Ghost! I do agree with Sister Allard, in that you come up with some excellent thoughts. You never know, you could be called to speak at Ladies' Conference! I once laughed when someone told me this, but then it happened a few years later.

Jolene Harris said...

Carol, Thanks for stopping by and yes our victory only comes through the power of the Holy Ghost. Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you..." I sure would hate to have to try to fight this battle alone wouldn't you?

I guess I do ok with my simple thoughts that the Lord lays on my heart and I do like to share them with others. I enjoy reading the thoughts that other Godly ladies have as well. That is why I enjoy blogging so much. But Sis Allard has me speaking at camp meeting (I know she is just kidding) and now you suggest Ladies' Conference! You do make me feel good. Thanks, that is a great compliment, but I think I'll just stick with with blogging.

God bless you and Sis Allard

Jana Allard said...

Hey, what's that saying about the one who laughs last????? Hee, hee, squeal, giggle, giggle, snort, giggle, squeal, side splitting pain laughter, snort, snort, tears and more tears, out of breath, giggle, giggle, large sigh............Watch out, you may be in the pulpit soon.

Jolene Harris said...

Well, shut my mouth and call me silent! I will behave myself now and quietly go back to my blogging like a good little saint. Nite Sister Allard. Love you :)

Anonymous said...

Great Post. And how very true. I love knowing that when the storms of life become very hard, I can hide myself in Him. Thanks for sharing. God Bless!

Jolene Harris said...

myblessing, Thanks for dropping by. I just don't understand how people face life today without God. He is definitely my shelter from the storms of life and my strength against the forces of evil. I can not imagine my life without Him. He is my Everything.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I enjoy reading your posts. They sure are encouraging and uplifting.

PS… Don’t forget I have heard you teach bible studies. And seen your 5th & 6th grade Sunday School class grow so big they had to move you to a bigger room…and then your class continued to grow so much they had to nock out walls to make the room even bigger…I know you have it in you…so you better be careful…because you can’t hide from God!!!

I Love You!!

Jolene Harris said...

Kellie, It does seem so long ago since I have taught Sunday School. Those were the days. Glad you enjoy the blogging.
I love you too.
mom