Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Satan Our Accuser


Relive the biggest celebrity scandals since 1985.

When I read this headline, it so reminded me of the devil. Can't leave the past in the past. Like the devil, these people are constantly bringing up past failures and mistakes and throwing them in your face. Just can't leave a dead dog lay. It is like these people thrive on the failures and mistakes of others. Reminds me of a bunch of vultures just sitting around waiting for someone to fall so they can pounce on them and start tearing them to shreds. Only once they have torn you to shreds they don't stop there. Years later they dig around in the trash and pull it all up and start throwing it out there for all the world to see all over again. Like I said, Vultures. Matthew 24:28 Message Bible reads "Whenever you see crowds gathering, think of carrion vultures circling, moving in, hovering over a rotting carcass. You can be quite sure that it's not the living Son of Man pulling in those crowds."

Have you ever had the devil throw your past in your face? The devil will always be around to try to throw our past in our face and sad to say there are times he will use people to do it. They are the back- biters, fault-finders and gossips in the church. I read the following somewhere and it is so true and it goes like this, "It is time that we bind together and learn to pray for one another instead of preying on one another. We must hang together or satan will hang us separately."

Do not become discouraged when satan tries to beat you over the head with your past. Use God's word against him. This is the greatest weapon we possess. There are two reasons why it is so important to hide His word in our hearts. One, so that we might not sin against God and two, so that we will have the power of God's word to fight against satan. Luke 10:19 , " Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you"

One day it will all be over and those who stood true to the Lord will be caught up to meet Him in the air and as for the devil well, he will get his just reward. "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night." Rev. 12:10

So just keep on keeping on in Jesus Name and when the accuser comes around reminding you of your past just remind him of his future and watch him run.

6 comments:

deon said...

That is so true! Like sister Allard sings about how God forgives and forgets sometimes that's the hardest thing for people to do. Whether it be something they did or someone else.

Jolene Harris said...

I was thinking the same thing Deon and that is one of my favorite songs that she sings. I have seen people lose out with God because they simply could not get over things of the past. God help us to do what it says in Philippians 3:13-14 "... but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

Yvonne said...

Awesome blog. I haven't had internet in my room since I've been in Monticello but I just got it back today YAY!! Now I have to catch up on everyones blogs.

Jolene Harris said...

Thanks, Yvonne. I had been wondering what had happened to you. Glad you're back.

Jana Allard said...

I HATE the devil!!! I LOVE JESUS!!!! Great post!

Jolene Harris said...

Hey Sis Allard, So do I. Your comment reminds of an old song... Me and the devil, we had a tussel, but I won. Me and the devil, we had a tussel, but I won. I hate the devil, he hates me, Me and the devil, we don't agree. Me and the devil, we had a tussel, but I won.