Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Power of Positive Thinking

Sure little bird, you can make it to the next step!

"People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves, they have the first secret of success." - Norman Vincent Peale

I understand what Norman is saying here. Before you can be successful at anything in life, you must first believe that you can and will succeed at whatever task is set before you. That goes from anything in your everyday life to any task that you may face in living for God. No matter how many times in life you get knocked down, you must determine in your mind and your heart that you will continue to get back up, brush yourself off, and keep on keeping on. I want to remind you that whatever it is that you set out to do, that you must continually remind yourself of this passage "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)

It is important to think in a postitive manner. Being negative will definitely get you nowhere in life. Norman says that people can become quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things and yes they can but, this can be very dangerous and bring much destruction. We must remember that without God we are nothing and can do nothing. We are not a self-made success. We must never ever forget where our source of accomplishing power comes from. If we do, we will end up like the man in Luke 12:18-21 18) "And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
19) And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
20) But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
21) So is he that layeth up treasures for himself, and is not rich toward God."

There were others who became successful in life but forgot where the source of their success came from. It was as though they thought they became successful all by themselves and soon found their lives in such a disaster. They ended up losing everything they had even their very lives. Men like King Saul, Solomon, Samson, Judas and the list can go on. But there are others who realized that they could do mighty things in Christ and became willing vessels in the hands of God. These men and women never forgot where the source of their success and victories came from and they lived on and made history as mighty warriors for Christ. Men and women like David, Moses, Joshua, Caleb, Ruth, Samuel, Abraham, Rahab, Ester, Peter, Paul and again, the list goes on.

I don't know about you but I want to be like the latter group I have spoken about. I want to be a willing vessel in the hands of God. I believe that I can be successful. Yet, I know that this can only be accomplished as long as God is in complete control of my life and I willing give Him that control. I must never forget that He is the source of my success.

6 comments:

ankur said...

Great blog . I really liked it. I have also created a lens in same niche. This is my first time , hope u guys like it. Here’s a brief intro: Your thoughts and feelings really do create your reality. It may seem absurd to some of you, but the easiest way to health and wealth is by constantly monitoring your feelings. If you start feeling any negative emotions, you must find ways to improve those even slightly. With time, it becomes easier and easier. This lens is here to provide some basic information on the law of attraction to help you get started on your own path to success.

Jolene Harris said...

ankur, Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome. If you don't mind, I would like to have the address to your link so I could stop by and read what you have to say on your site.

Have a great day

Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally, Jolene, in that I want to be like the latter group. If any success or praise should come my way, I don't ever want to forget that it is only because of Christ in me. Great post.

Jolene Harris said...

Carol, God definitely deserves all the glory for our success. Sis. Wilson, Jana Allard’s mother, has taught me one thing that I hope to never forget. When I see the down fall of someone, such as the people in the first group I spoke of in this post, to say “But for the grace of God, there go I.”

I am thankful that I have been blessed to be a part of the latter group and not the former. I, like you, never want to cease giving Him the glory for my success.

God bless

Jana Allard said...

Another awesome post.

Jolene Harris said...

Thanks Sis. Allard