Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Best Friend

I would like to dedicate the following poem to my best friend, Patty Fields. We have known each other since 1980 but became fast friends in 1984. She has been with me through thick and thin. When I am feeling down all I have to do is pick up the phone or drive over to her place or have her come to my place and we laugh so hard that by the time our conversation or visit is over I am so uplifted and rejuvenated that I am ready to go on.

When I found out about my brain tumor, after I contacted my pastor's wife, I went straight to Patty's house and we made so many jokes about the situation and laughed so hard that I was finally able to drive the 30 to 40 minutes it takes to get home. She knows how to lift my spirit. Her husband sat in the living room and shook his head but he put his two cents in here and there as well and made us laugh even more.

Please keep her and her husband in prayer. Patty's husband has cancer and I want to see a miracle in his life. Though Patty has problems of her own, she is still there for me as well. Yes, she is my Best Friend!!!


My Friend
by Kim Crow

You are my friend,
trusted and true;
And this is for everything
and all that you do.

When the light seems so far
and times are so low,
You reach out your hand
to give me a place to go.

When I find I can't make it
and the mountain's too high,
You give me your wisdom
and help me to try.

You've given me hope
in times of despair.
You do this for me,
because I know you care.

You make me laugh
when there are no smiles,
Even though we're separated
by the miles.

So let me tell you this,
My Friend,
If you ever need me,
I'm here 'til the end.

I give you my love
my hand and my heart,
And from your friendship
I'll never part.

For everything
and all that you do,
I want you to know
I'll do the same for you

So, when your days are black
and your nights are long,
And it seems like
everything will go wrong -

I'm there by your side
you're never alone.
I'll be there for you
to help lead you home.

So, My Friend,
as you can see;
You're very special,
especially to ME! ! !

4 comments:

Just a thought said...

Jolene:
I have been thinking of you for the last several days. My prayer is that all is still going good for you and yours.
There is no price that can be put on a friend that is there when others step back from you.

Mervi

Jolene Harris said...

Mervi, Things are going well. The past 3 days were good days. Today has been sorta rough. Woke up at 3:45am with a horrible migraine and just can't get it to subside. But life goes on. I will survive. Thanks for your prayers.

Friends are priceless and I have been blessed with more in the family of God and I truly appreciate all of you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene:

What a wonderful friend you have, and how blessed you are as I'm sure you know. Sounds like she is a gem. I will keep her and her husband in my prayers, and I'm still praying for a miracle for you too!

Love,
Karen

Jolene Harris said...

Karen, A gem she is. She isn't one to blog or make comments online but she does read my blogs and she calls me and makes her comments on the phone or in person. She was like, Hey, what's my picture doing on there? God really blessed me when He brought her into my life that's for sure.

Thanks for your prayers for her, her husband and myself. We appreciate them more than we can express. God bless you.