Thursday, October 11, 2007

TRICK OR TREAT?

Here is a picture of a bulletin board I did for our junior Sunday School class about six or seven years ago. I ran across it this morning and since it is October I thought I would share it with you.

Satan wraps sin up in such a beautiful package and makes it looks so good that if your are not prayed up it will make you just want to reach out and grab it. He promises you the world. He offers you riches, wealth, fame, and fortune, you name it, it's all yours. Once you partake of it you will be enticed to go a step further and further into sin. Before you know it, you are so deep into sin and so bound that you can't seem to get out of the mess you have gotten into. You say it won't happen to you. That you won't go that far. I've got news for you. Once he gets his claws into you, you are his. Satan will take you further than you ever intended to go and there is nothing you can do about it. 1 Timothy 6:9-10; "But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Satan promises you all the treats in the world but all you will ever get from him is nothing but the dirty tricks he has up his sleeve and they will lead you down the road to destruction. Yes, he will take you for the ride of your life. Oh it will be fun at first but when you get to the bottom, for all his rides lead downward, the worse is yet to come. He will tear your life apart and there will be nothing left but broken bits and pieces. What starts out as fun will end in total fear and disaster.


My advice is stay as far away from Satan and sin as you can. When he comes around flirting with you, you better rebuke him in Jesus name and draw as close to the Lord as you can for that is our only hope of escape. 1 Timothy 6:11-12; "But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life..."

We need to flee from sin. James 4: 7 reads; "Submit yourselves therefore to GOD. Resist The Devil, and he will flee from you." 2nd Timothy 2:22; "Flee also youthful Lust: but follow Righteousness, Faith, Charity, Peace, with them that call on The LORD out of Pure Heart."

So don't be tricked by the devil. Stay with the Lord and be faithful to Him and when this race is over you will hear Well done thou good and faithful servant enter in and you will receive the treat of being with Him forever and ever in that wonderful place called Heaven.

The choice is your. You choose- Trick or Treat? Satan or Jesus? Hell or Heaven?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene,

I definitely don't want to partake of any of the "treats" satan offers, which are really tricks to enslave us in sin. The picture of the boy going down the slide looks like he is about to land on a cheese grater. Is that a trick photo? It goes along great with this post. I love you, continue to pray for you and am believing God for great things for you!

Jolene Harris said...

Carol, I do believe it is a trick photo. It came to me in an email with something else and of course right away my mind thought of using it in something like this so here it is. I'm sure some how someone took a pic of a cheese grater and attached to the the end of a slide and came up with this effect. My grandson saw this pic and said "Oh no grandma, he's gonna rip his pants all to pieces." I said "you're absolutely right Caleb" and left it at that.

Thanks again for your prayers. I have my good days and my bad. If I can ever get these headaches under control then it wouldn't be so bad. Today was better than yesterday. I will be OK. God will give me the strength that I need to endure.

God Bless you and yours