Wednesday, October 3, 2007

How Great Is Our God

Have you ever had one of those days where you are so emotionally and physically exhausted that you just want to crawl in a hole somewhere and hide from everything and everyone? Then you think; "Oh man, I have to cook dinner, clean up the mess, get ready and go to church, put on a smile as if I am full of energy and all is well."

So you make it to church and you're just so tired and the service starts with prayer and then you feel a little tingle and then song service starts and then you begin to feel the warmth of God move within and before you know it, you're not as tired as you were when you walked through the doors. Isaiah 28:12; "...This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing..." The more you praise Him, the more you become refreshed in the Lord. As song service moves on, the spirit of God strengthens us and lifts us up and we no longer feel the way we did when we entered the doors at the beginning of the service. We are renewed in the Holy Ghost.

It is like taking your car to the garage for a tune-up when it is running sluggish. Well that is how it was for me tonight. I was running sluggish. I needed a tune-up in the Holy Ghost. When song service started, Pastor led us in the song "How Great Is Our God" and let me tell you I felt the power of God come down and move in a soft soothing way and I received the fine tuning in my spirit that was very much needed. Yes, on a Wednesday night, Bible study service! I can not understand people who do not like bible study night. It is absolutely my favorite. Don't get me wrong. I like Sunday night shouting services. But it is the bible study services where the meat and potatoes are served. That is where you get your strength to grow and stand against sin and the forces of the enemy. I enjoy bible study messages where I get the word in such a way that I can take it home and really chew on it for a while and digest it and apply it to my life. Mmmm Mmmm Good!!!

I thank God for a good church to go to and a Pastor who will preach God's word the way it is written. The church to me is my spiritual garage. A place for me to go so that I can stay tuned, filled up and ready to go up.

All I know is that I serve an awesome God. He is my everything. Without Him I am nothing. He is the love of my life - The joy of my soul - The rock of my salvation - The breath that I breathe - The hope of my life - The song that I sing - The spring in my step - My shelter in the time of storm - My way maker when there seems to be no way - My healer - My provider - My friend - My Lord and My God.

How great is our God,
sing with me
How great is our God,
and all will see
How great, How great
Is our God

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene:

Great post. So true. How many times have I dragged into church only to be touched by his awesome presence and rejuvenated in my body and spirit! I love that song, "How Great is Our God" We've been singing it a lot in our worship services.

Blessings, Karen

Jana Allard said...

It is true we feel better after entering His presence. I have gone to church so many times when I felt completely exhausted, but always felt better after the service. The funny thing is I felt really tired after the service, but it is a good tired like after you exercise. As Tim Spell sings, there ain't nothing like being able to touch the Lord.

Jolene Harris said...

Sis Allard, I know what you mean about being tired after service but it being a good tired. Isn't that strange, A good tired? Sort of like everything that has been plagueing you and all the daily stress has been released and now your body is totally relaxed enough so that you can actually lay down and have a wonderful night of fitful sleep. All our burdens have been rolled away! What an awesome God we serve.

Love and appreciate you
Jolene

Jolene Harris said...

Karen, it is a beautiful song isn't it? I can sing it over and over and over again. The words are so true that's probably why. Thank God for his strengthening and refreshing power.

You have a great day!
Jolene